SABAH SURVEYORS BOARD is constituted under the Surveyors Ordinance 1960, a body corporate responsible for the registration, licensing and control of land surveyors and matter connected therewith in the State of Sabah, Malaysia.
The objectives of the Board are:
- To regulate and control the registration and licensing of land surveyors and matters connected therewith
- To provide leadership in the upholding and advancement of the Surveying Profession.
The main functions of the Board are:
- To register qualified individuals as surveyors and administer a Register of Registered Surveyors and Licensed Surveyors.
- To register articled graduates under the Director of Lands and Surveys or Licensed Surveyors and to hold examinations to enable articled graduates to qualify for registration as Registered Surveyors.
- To register qualified individuals as Registered Survey Technicians under Licensed Surveyors and to hold examinations to enable individuals to qualify for registration.
- To administer the collection and payment of survey fees.
- To encourage Licensed Surveyors to practise lifelong learning and undertake appropriate continuous professional development programmes to maintain competency and professional knowledge and skills.
- To evaluate and grant accreditation for CPD events.
- To evaluate and grant accreditation to local and overseas relevant programme in Land Surveying and Spatial Sciences.
- To investigate complaints against Licensed Surveyors and take disciplinary action in accordance with the provision of Surveyors Ordinance 1960.
- To register qualified registered surveyors and administer the Surveyors Benevolent Fund to enable provision of relief to family in time of bereavement of Registered Surveyors.
- To review laws and regulations pertaining to the practice.